Italy is simply a geographically blessed country. With the prime location in the southern part of Europe, the country boost of some of the most wonderful natural features that Europe has to offer. At the west, you will tour the beautiful Tyrrhenian Sea. The famous Adriatic Sea is found at the east coast of the country. Talk of mountains, rivers, volcanic features, lakes, seas, plains, games reserves and all you can think of, Italy is simply your dream vacation country.
The Historic Culture
The wonders of Italy starts from the great cultural heritage that the country is famed for.
• There are no better places to explore the archeological wonders of ancient Italy like in Rome. The journey will not be complete without a tour to Sorrento and Naples. These areas are rich in history and culture. There are many great historical sites in the offing.
• Known as the “The Home of Catholic” Rome holds the headquarters of this church and has a special name in the foundation of the modern Christianity. It is famous for pilgrims particularly in the Vatican City where the Pope resides.
Uncover the Natural wonders of Italy
• Grand Paradise National Park: with the coverage of 70,000 hectares, you will find large species of wild animals here. It is a home to the golden eagles, Ibex and even the marmots. It also offers sites to enjoy the majestic look of the breath taking beautiful snow covered mountain picks.
• Lake Garda: The Italian largest lake comes with both historical and geographical wonders. Its rich vegetation covers with rare plants like olive groves and the alpine vineyards offers a great tourist attraction site. It also offers sites for windsurfing and sailing. Tennis and basketball courts are also constructed at its shoreline.
• Blue Grotto: At the coast of Capri, you will find the Blue Grotto. The name is derived from the lights that illuminate through the rock structures that make it blue. The grotto is big enough to allow the entry with a boat though the entry is not big enough. The blue lights dancing with the waves will definitely thrill you once you get in.
• Natural Arch: Located at the Capri, this arch has sculptures formed back in Paleolithic Era. Eroding rocks have created natural bridges between the rocks creating a beautiful landscape. This captured together with the sea behind, will form a wonderful screen saver for your computer or a photo background.
• The Tiber River: one of the Italian longest rivers, Tiber cut in between Alpine Mountains into to Tyrrhenian Sea. Has scenic river basin with beautiful river vegetation. Being the main water course of Rome, it comes with historical fame too.
• Raganello Canyons: This is where you will find the most beautiful sceneries in Italy. The canyons provide stream circulations, waterfalls in vertical canyons with potholes separating them among other feature. Grimavoloand Caccavo-the longest of them all- in particular, is a must see for any tourist.
Experience the Diversity in the Italian Culinary
Each of the Italian regions has a distinct and unique menu to offer with mouthwatering meals that will leave you craving for more.
• Piedmont: Located at the northwest Italy, the menu is dominated with the local organic ingredients with a lot of truffles and mushrooms which are in plenty. It is also the home of Barolo, the Italia most acclaimed wine.
• Veneto: With a good location besides the Adriatic Sea at the north, this is the favorite spot for seafood lovers. Your search for the famous soft, bubbly prosecco stops here.
• Emilia-Romagna: Some of the locale dish that you will find in the streets of towns such as Bologna and Parma include prosciutto, fresh tagliatelle and lasagna. Don’t forget you will be in the hometown of Parmagiano and forgetting to try some will be a regrettable mistake.
• Umbria: It is simply described as the green heart. This is a food heaven. Famous for its chocolates and Orvieto, there are many great restaurants such as Trattoria dell’Orso and Norcia which is great in sausage. Other foods that are native here include ricotta gnocchi and specially baked spinach with cheese served with tomato sauce.
• Sicily: Your experience with the Italian menu cannot be complete before you experience the dish that Sicily has to offer. This Island locally described as the “Sun and Sea” is a melting port for cultural diversity. Greeks, Vikings, Spanish, Muslims and locals all mingle here. This is reflected in the menus around the town. You must try Arancini and cannoli dishes in Sicily. Drinks such as limoncello cannot afford to miss in your menu particularly after dinner. The list is not complete without other regions such as Puglia, Campania, Lazio, Tuscany and Lombardy which also come with equally wonderful menus.
The Italian tour has more to offer than what is mentioned in this article. You cannot claim to have toured the world if you have +not visited Italy to discover its hidden treasure.
Annie Bonneville is a Passionate blogger. She writes on behalf of manchester airport number. She loves to write as a guest blogger with interest in Travel and Automotive.